Wedding photography is not only a cumbersome task but also a tough one. With easy accessibility of camera in smartphones every person has become a photographer. But taking pictures of someone’s most special day is not as easy as it looks. There are many intricate details that one should keep in mind before getting down to business. Here are a few common wedding photography mistakes that one should avoid:
- Lighting and flash – The biggest mistake one makes in photography in general is the use of flash. People feel that a flash helps brighten up the subject but that is far from true. Too much flash makes the object look dull and flat and that should not be the case when it comes to taking pictures of one’s special day. So it is best to do away with those flashes. But that doesn’t mean that lighting is not important. It is very crucial that one doesn’t experiment with too many hues when it comes to lighting. Best pictures come in white light. But if you intent on taking pictures in a different coloured light make sure the colour is not too overpowering.
- Getting too close to the subject – This is a rookie mistake most people make. Even though you want to capture all the details it is not recommendable that you take the pictures up close.
- Angles – This is important in any kind of photography. It is important not to be monotonous with the angles. Be experimental and try shots that are not commonly opted for in weddings such as aerial views and side angles.
- Adding too much colour – Vibrant colours are always attractive to the eye but that does not mean you incorporate too many contrasting colours in the frame. Try and filter out clashing colours.
- Over editing – This is again a very common mistake. People are addicted to editing their pictures so much that the original photograph gets lost under all the filters. It is best to keep the image simple. Enhance a few elements and cover up the flaws but do not go overboard.
- Taking too much time – One needs to be quick on their feet when it comes to wedding photography or else you lose out on an important moment or an expression or ritual. Just grab as many clicks as possible in the given time frame and then select the one that looks the best.
- Not incorporating the backdrop – This is a common wedding photo mistake. Photographer often think of just capturing the subjects. But the backdrop also brings in a lot of charm to the picture. If the wedding is taking place outdoors then one can incorporate beautiful back drops of nature. Even for indoor shoots one can play with the décor and the lights for a complete image.
- Not knowing the guests – A big rookie mistake can be by not acquainting themselves with the wedding party and the guests. Gaining proper knowledge of the guest lists and the family members is very important to make sure that they too get clicked enough and are making their presence felt in a number of picture. It is best to consult the couple prior to the wedding day. This is one error which has to be avoided since it helps in creating a great photo albums online which has all the key individuals present.
- Not having back ups – This applies to both camera equipment and assistant. One should always carry more than one cameras for capturing pictures and have an extra back up camera in case of the camera comes up with low battery or has some other technical glitch. Also is it absolutely mandatory that the photographer brings with him an assistant or back up camera man in case you need to be in two places at once.
One should always know how to create photo album online with the help of the right software. This skill is a must before venturing into wedding photography since the album is the centerpiece for the event. For those thinking of where to order pictures online, there are several tools and tricks that can be employed. It only needs a little patience on the photographer’s part!