Creating a strategy for enterprise security is extremely important and is to be consideredas indispensable for any organization to get a strong anchorage in today’s market, which relies on technology more than ever.An organization can never remain self- approving and satisfied with its current security strategies and policies in the ever-evolving industry if it wants to exist and make its presence felt in the IT market.
If experts are to be believed, cybercriminals and professional hackersare constantly finding new methods and technologies to stay ahead in the game and conducting security breaches of the most reliable of systems. The only way recommended by professionals to overcome this issue is to constantly upgrade and modify your system. Do not be reluctant towards overhauls and undergo the process of evolving and transforming your security systems. This is the only way to keep your system obscure and impenetrable for hackers to help your team protect all confidential data of your organization and reduce chances of data theft.
The security systems of an organization can be strengthened by the creation of a firm base for the improvement of the security system. Also, adequate training of your team to use the right software and tools will strengthen and enhance enterprise security.Given below is a detail of five of the fundamental tools you can begin with:
1. Use Of Firewalls
Firewalls have been around for years and serve as a foundation for data security practices. A firewall simply controls what data flows through and where it should go. Firewalls protect assets by blocking unwanted files from entering your network. They should be present within the external as well as internal perimeters of your network as it helps to provide extra protection against unwanted network traffic. Nowadays, firewalls can regulate the flow and transfer of data depending on its application type or its associated function of the application.
2. Use Of Secure Routers
Routers are present everywhere and are used by networks to control the traffic flow. Many routers come with added security features. Some modern routers can even provide better security options than firewalls. Routers also help to strengthen traffic management and service tools. They also support strong VPN data encryption features. Through the usage of VPN technology, it becomes extremely simple and easy to encrypt your data across your WAN (wide area network) links.
Unlike an IPS, an IDS operates by screening the data traffic and looks for unwanted data breaches at various locations in the system. By switching on your IPS and IDS, you will surely notice improvements in the security levels of your system. To effectively increase the security levels of your enterprise, your staff should be well equipped to practically deal with any likely security issues. This can be possible if the staff is supported to invest their time and energy in earning reliable IT certificationswhich can validate their IT skills and abilities and improve their standards of performance.
3. Using A Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)
WPA2 is commonly used for wi-fi connections. It uses advanced wireless encryption practices. Online attackers cannot easily break into the system as it offers improved security to the users. WPA2 offers various types of encryption, such as Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) was originally used to support the WPA and is not used anymore.
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), on the other hand, uses an advanced level encrypting technology and is used by the government as well. It is important that you turn on the WPA2 feature on your router first to activate it and enhance your network’s security. Without the use of WPA 2 feature, it can become quite difficult to protect the security of your network.
4. Securing Your Emails
Emails are a soft target for online attackers. Nowadays, users get hundreds of emails daily from unknown users. Such emails should not be opened by the users to prevent attackers enter into the system. Such mails usually appear in the spam folder of an email account. They should be immediately deleted as they contain different viruses and malware that hackers commonly use to enter into your system and extract your confidential information. More than 80% of emails received are spams. Therefore, it is extremely important that you use various filters to delete such emails.
Due to continuous technological advancements, cyber attacks and data thefts have become more and more advanced and regular. It has become crucial for businesses to adopt more advanced cybersecurity practices to combat cyber attacks. The following cybersecurity practices must be adopted by businesses:
- Knowledge of IP reputation
- Advanced methods of URL classification
- Regular scanning against computer viruses and malware
- Take Adequate measures to prevent misuse of confidential information
An ideal cybersecurity system should be versatile and should screen unwanted traffic.If you want to protect your company’s data against cyber attacks, then you should invest in a reliable cyber security system.
In order to maintain the web security of your business, it is advisable that you follow the following cybersecurity practices:
- Conduct regular audits to detect any errors in your security system.
- Restrict the number of people allowed to enteryour administrative departments.
- Make sure to uninstall any software’s or applications that are not no longer in use by your company’s staff.
- Update firewalls frequently, especially in those areas where sensitive data is kept and maintained.
- Make sure that all your system’s antivirus software is frequently updated and are of latest versions.
- Make sure that your company’s security practices are recorded and regularly checked and updated.
- Educate your staff about the importance of cybersecurity practices. Make sure that your IT staff gets regular training and workshops about data security and hold reliable T Certification.
- Study your organization’s security systems and determine its strengths as well as weaknesses. Make sure to plan and develop such security practices against cyber attacks that are according to the latest technological trends followed by the industry. Adding to such security practices, you need to provide your team with (Certified Ethical Hacker) CEH training. This can help you assess any weaknesses or vulnerabilities of your system and improve enterprise security. You also need to take strict action against poor usage of removable devices. For example, USBs, external drives and disk writers. These devices may contain viruses and harm the security of your systems.
Data security is a continuous process. Without updating your security system strategies and practices can reduce the performance of your security system. Therefore, it is extremely important that you work hard to keep your security systems up to date and prevent online attackers from hacking your systems.