The Global Talent Visa is a step ahead to simplify the post-Brexit immigration system. This UK immigration category is primarily designed for promising individuals across the globe that grants applicants to work in the UK for up to five years. An applicant needs to be endorsed as a leader (exceptional Talent) or as an emerging leader (exceptional promise) or under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option. An applicant can qualify for a Global Talent Visa without a sponsor or entry requirements for instance, language tests and minimum salary thresholds which are otherwise applicable on other UK immigration categories.
Difference between Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa and Global Talent Visa
- Global Talent Visa has replaced the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa on 20th February 2020. However, the Global Talent Visa Guidance is a rather simplified and expanded version of the predecessor with the ultimate objective to attract the brightest minds around the globe to immigrate to the UK for better opportunities..
- The Global Talent Visa does not follow points based system category of visas whereas The Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa used to fall under the PBS Category.
- Under Global Talent Visa, the applicant is required to obtain an endorsement from the endorsing bodies. However, these endorsing bodies were earlier known as “ designated competent bodies”.
- The list of endorsing bodies in Global Talent Visa remained the same with one addition as UKRI (UK Research and Innovation). These changes altogether made provision for research and critical support staff with a new pathway to offer the United Kingdom’s most flexible visa ever.
- Global Talent Visa has no cap on the number of applications that will be accepted each year which wasn’t the case with Tier 2 Exceptional Talent Visa.
According to the Home Office Guidance, Endorsing bodies will review the applications relevant to the qualifying field. The endorsing bodies are:
- The Royal Society (for Science and Medicine),
- The Royal Academy of Engineering (For Engineering),
- The British Academy (For Humanities),
- Tech Nation (For Digital Technology),
- Arts Council England for arts and culture, and
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI for research applicants)
Arts Council England will pass on the application for review to British Fashion Council (for Fashion), or Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (For Film and Television) if the applicant’s qualifying field is fashion.
Global Talent Visa in Digital Technology
To get a Global Talent Visa in Digital Technology, individuals need to apply for Tech Nation endorsement. Tech Nation endorsement fuels the growth of game-changing tech talents across the globe to work in the UK’s digital technology sector so that they can contribute their cutting-edge expertise and innovation to perpetuate the UK’s position to spearhead the global digital economy while they can immigrate to the UK on a Global Talent Visa. Designated by the Home Office, Tech Nation endorses applications with expertise in digital technology.
Tech Nation accepts applications considering the individual background, technology and/or business skills and achievements in the digital technology sector. Technical applicants must exhibit technical expertise while incorporating latest technologies. Business applicants must exemplify a proven commercial and investment expertise in creating and launching profitable digital product businesses.
The application process
The application process involves two application stages;
- Application for Endorsement: This stage involves assessing the applicant’s skills, abilities, and achievements by an endorsing body(Tech Nation in case of GTV in Digital Technology) and advises the Home Office if the applicant can be endorsed. This stage can take as much time as 8 weeks. If the applicant receives endorsement successfully from Tech Nation, they can apply for the visa straight away.
- Application for Visa: Once you have been endorsed by the Tech Natin, you can apply for a Global Talent Visa.
Global Talent Visa Fees
Applicants must pay a sum of £456 in order to get an endorsement when applying for the first time. He or she also needs to pay the healthcare surcharge which is a part of the application process. However, the applicant must take into consideration that there will be no reimbursement of endorsement fee if the visa application is denied.
Benefits of Global Talent Visa
The visa offers several benefits which include:
- The Visa encourages least Entry Requirements.
- No Language Test or Minimum Salary thresholds.
- The applicant can seek a permanent residency after staying in the UK for a period of 3 years.
- This visa also offers flexibility to change organisations, jobs, and locations without any permission requirement from the Home Office.
- The dependents can be accompanied with the applicant if and only if certain requirements are met.
Why AY & J
AY & J Solicitors is one of the leading UK Immigration law firms with a team of qualified and experienced solicitors specialised to provide legal immigration advice and service encompassing immigration matters and applications. Our innovative immigration team takes initiative to assist investors, entrepreneurs, and corporate clients in order to satisfy organisational immigration objectives while complying UK immigration rules and policies. We, at AY & J Solicitors, feature immigration advice as well as specific guidance to Sole Representative Visa UK/ Representative of an Overseas Business Visa. We have also developed a niche expertise in Tier 2 General Visa, Tier 2 ICT Visa, and Tier 5 Temporary Visa. Our regulated immigration lawyers are always alert to the ever-changing immigration rules and policies. For more information, please contact +442074047933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.