Link building is one of the many SEO approaches to get traffic directed to your website. Discovering the ideal content format for link building can be a study in itself. In this article, we shall discuss link building in brief and elaborate about the best content format for the same.
Link building is basically about other websites sharing links to your content. If any of their users are intrigued enough, he clicks on it and comes to your website. As indicated, there are many formats that can be used for the purpose. Some of them are discussed here. You need to decide which one works for you:
1. Static Format
When we say static format, we are talking about an image. It could be an infographic or even a string of images. In recent times, Infographics have been overused and overexposed. They have been very popular among the leading digital marketing company in Pune, Chennai and others as a means of generating links. They have lost some of their glitz and glamour but continue to be effective if they are made in an interesting manner.
- A designer is enough to carry out the work. You do not need a web developer, unlike some other formats.
- You do not need to rely on clients to get these on the website. If you have access to an MMS with publishing rights, you can get it going once the designing is done.
- You might need a separate mobile version as this format is not of responsive type.
- It does not give much to explore and the entire message has to be presented in a single image. It has to be attention-grabbing and informative while working with the limitation of space and time.
2. The Interactive Format
An interactive format, as the name indicates, allows the users to interact. It could be something like a quiz, a calculator, or something even more sophisticated. It has gained popularity as a great content format for link building in the last few years and is regarded to be many steps ahead of the static format.
- With this format, you have the flexibility of presenting much more information as you can expose the user to different perspectives of a topic.
- While interacting, the user can reveal different layers and perspectives of the topic and choose to take with them what is relevant and useful for them.
- You can reach out to a larger segment of consumers as you can include some relevant information for each segment.
- The design element plays a big role in interactive content.
- It proves to be costly as you not only need a web developer but also time. You need to invest in coding, testing and QA.
- Multiple views mean more designs. Each of these will need a mobile responsive version as well.
- Uploading of such content could get delayed as you need to wait for the services of a developer.
GIF formats fall somewhere between the two discussed above. They have some elements of an interactive format without the need for time and a developer. There has been a spurt of GIFs in the last few years.
- It gives the feel of interaction without the expense.
- It is easy to get on board via CMS as it does not require coding.
- It automatically plays and passes on the core message to the user.
- It has to be kept simple.
- Separate versions should be made for a mobile device.
- It may not be easy to convince the client of its effectiveness as a content format for link building.
4. Long-Form Content
This format is not typically visual, though some visual content could be incorporated within it. It may not be flashy and may lack visual impact, but it has the capability of generating traffic over a longer period of time.
- These have a longer life when compared to the other formats.
- They are very good for providing expertise in your field.
- A variety of topics can be covered within one content and this helps to reach out to a wider segment of consumers.
- It is less likely to generate links on a short-term basis.
- It is a challenge to get people to read through the entire content.
- Embedding such content requires more work than the other three formats.
Before you can start thinking about what format to use, consult the local expert resources, say, a digital marketing company in Gurgaon, to assess the feasibility depending on your topic and resources available.
Micheal Anderson is a digital marketing expert with Techmagnate, he has specialization on various services such as content marketing, PPC advertising, mobile application and website optimization, video SEO etc.
Why Search Engine Optimization Service is Important to Each and Every Live Website buy backlinks