Are you looking out for exquisite surf destinations in India? Welcome, to the “Surfing World of India”. India is home to many natural and idyllic blue beaches. Whether you visit Goa, Kerala or Andaman Nicobar Islands, no place will leave you beach-less. However, the sub-continent of India is almost 7,000 km of the total coastline. So, surfers can surely enjoy the activity. However, the greater portion of the coastline is still unexplored by the surfers.
Surfing is not a mainstream sport in nations like India. However, the 7,000 km long coastal line of India provides the best destinations for surfing. The best months to perform this activity are May to September i.e. during monsoons. So, let us quickly explore best-surfing destinations of India one by one:
- Kovalam Beach, Kerala:Kovalam Beach is a small beach in the state of Kerala. Also known as God’s own country, Kerala is home to seas and beaches. Also known as a Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam beach is visited by many surfers and tourists. This is one of the best-known beaches for surfing.
- Varkala Beach, Kerala:Varkala beach is also known as Papanasam beach and located in the southern regions of Kerala state. Varkala is Kerala’s pristine shoreline with sacred waters. Tourists and explorers visit here to perform thrilling activities like swimming, surfing. The beach along the cliff is a prominent tourist spot for sunbathing too.
- Mulki Beach, Karnataka:Mulki is a small town in Dakshina Kannada district and located almost 30 km from the city Mangalore. Located in the Mangalore taluk, Mulki Beach is famous among the travel freaks. Furthermore, it is famous for water sporting activities like surfing, stand up paddle, kayaking and lots more.
- Gokarna Beach, Karnataka:Eminent as idyllic beach and pristine waters, Gokarna is one of the favorite beaches among travelers who wish to seek a peaceful escape. A tourist can make safe surfing along the long beach. Moreover, Gokarna is famous for Mahabaleshwar temple.
- Kapu Beach, Karnataka: Kapu Beach lies between Mangalore and Udupi. It is famous for Mariamma temples and one of the best hangout beaches for explorers. It is a befitting location for swimming and surfing. It has a tropical climate and bevy of attractions that beckon explorers globally.
- Covelong Beach, Tamil Nadu:Covelong is located in Chennai is one of the ideal beaches for surfing. It has a surf school and resorts near the beach. Moreover, it is known as the Kovalam of Chennai. Covelong beach is the best place where major surfing takes places and has a beautiful Catholic Church that provides eternal tranquillity to travelers.
- Manapad Beach, Tamil Nadu:Manapad Beach is a beautiful hamlet, a lesser-known surfing spot for explorers. It is globally famous for surfing and also named as Alwars that give the best experience of water activities. It is a known as best getaways in Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu.
- Mahabalipuram Beach, Tamil Nadu: Want to enjoy the best beaching atmosphere on the Southern coast of India? Mahabalipuram is the best getaways for a traveler. Full of picturesque beaches, Mahabalipuram is a UNESCO World Heritage site that provides a thriving and thrilling backpacker scene to the explorers. Exotic beaches here provide world-class surfing experience.
- Ashwem Beach, Goa:Home to heavenly beaches, Goa has Ashwem, another unbeatable beach that provides bewitching scenes and captivating experience to surfing-freaks. It is less crowded and one of the cleanest beaches of India. A tourist can easily do surfing here and also perform other water sports activities.
- Paradip Beach, Orissa: Paradip Beach is located in Jagatsinghpur that offers a gorgeous and mesmerizing view of the Bay of Bengal. It has clear calm blue waters, large elegant stones on the beach shore and fantabulous drive road to walk. This is also one of the most exciting beaches that offers a world class of surfing activity and other water sports.
- Serenity Beach, Pondicherry: Serenity beach is truly tranquil beach in Pondicherry that has golden and vibrant sand covered by the spectacular waves. This makes it a good place for wild surfing in South India. Moreover if you are looking for Coconut Development Board recruitment then it could be the best chance to try it
- Little Andaman, Andaman Islands: Butler Bay or Little Beach is considered as one of the best beaches for surfing and other water sports. It is one of the most vital tourist and surfing destinations of India that has magnificent waves and furthermore, provides a splendid scenic view.
So, friends what are you still waiting for? Just pack the goodies and escape to enjoy world-class surfing and other water activities.