Some of the best immigration lawyers say that you have to be very careful while applying for a sole representative visa extension. There are some critical criteria that you have to pass again; otherwise, your application will be refused.
Eligibility Criteria for a Sole Representative Visa Extension?
- You must be living in the UK to extend your visa.
- You have to be working for the same company as who handed out your first visa.
- The company you are working with must have a registered address outside the UK. You must still be working as the representative of that business outside the UK and functioning to set up or supervise that business’ first UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Also, the headquarters of the company you are working for must have its main address outside the UK. You will also need to prove that you will continue representing the overseas company as its sole UK representative.
How can your spouse or dependents continue to stay with you in the UK?
- A dependant can be your husband, wife, or partner and your child under 18.
- According to the rules, your dependents should not own most of the company, and you can not bring them with you.
- They should not have a visitor's visa, and it is highly preferred to apply for your dependent's application at the same time as yours.
- If your child is just born in the UK, you could apply to add them to your visa as your dependent.
Suppose your Sole Representative Visa duration is almost at its and wishes to extend your stay. In that case, it is essential that you also apply for an extension of any legal dependant family members (spouse or partner and children) who are residing with you in the UK.
Any family members who wish to move forward to live with you in the UK as dependants on your Sole Representative Visa should be encompassed on your application to extend. This consists of any children who have turned 18 during your stay. When you're applying, you must still live together with your partner and continue doing so.
How to apply for a Sole Representative Visa extension?
You can effortlessly apply to extend your UK sole representative visa, including your dependants, by verifying your eligibility once again and paying a nominal amount of fees. A Representative of an Overseas Visa can be expanded for up to two years after the initial visa period of 3 years. The application for this whole process to renew the visa must be made online.
The fee would be €704 to extend the visa term plus immigration health surcharge fees and £19.20 for giving the biometric data (fingerprints and a photo). The home office will contact you within eight weeks after you submit your application.
What are the documents required for the extension for Sole Representative Visa?
- Documents of Branch Registration or incorporation
- Data related to the UK branch’s business system
- Details of accounts of the sole representative and business
- Evidence of payment/earnings of the past 12 months
- Evidence of working hours of the past 12 months
Why do you need the help of the best immigration solicitors in London?
These best immigration lawyers will take instructions from you during the first consultation stage, advise on the most relevant documents to gather in support of your application, and plan detailed legal representations. They have years of experience in solving numerous issues of different people.