Whatman products such for example filter papers and membranes offer high-quality, innovative technologies for DNA sample collection and preparation.
Whatman is a brand that’s been trusted by scientists for generations in the lab every day.
Capsule Filter features sturdy PP housings with fused seals—no glues or adhesives to contaminate filtrate. Polycap capsules filters incorporate a luer lock vent to guarantee that no filtration area is wasted. Use vent to draw solution in to the Whatman capsule filter dscbalances.com or let air escape from the capsule or sample port.
Polycap AS (Aqueous Solution) is a product recommended for filtering aqueous solutions. It combines a glass microfiber (GMF) prefilter and a Nylon membrane prolonging the life span of the filter and allowing larger volumes and difficult samples to be filtered easily.
First layer (GMF) acts as a prefilter to make certain longer membrane (0.2 and 0.45 µm) life and higher filtration efficiency.
- Nylon membranes are hydrophilic and lower in extractables
- Nylon filters incorporate a prefilter to prolong life of the membrane
- Housing thermally fused (no glues, adhesives, or extraneous materials).
- Use for filtering aqueous solutions
- Manufactured in clean room facilities under ISO Quality Systems
- Has 400cm2 filtration area.
Whatman Polycap SPF capsule filters from Cytiva are optimized for prefiltration applications. They are typically used upstream of a Polycap AS or Polycap TC capsule during enzyme, nutrient media or buffer filtration.
- Three layers of filter media: fine glass microfiber (GMF), ultrafine GMF, and polyethersulfone (PES)
- Suitable for hard-to-filter solutions, particularly sera and protein solutions
- Can be sterilized by autoclaving
- Manufactured by ISO9001:2008 QMS standards
- Suitable for serum, viral suspension, nutrient, biological, immunological, enzyme, and buffer filtration
Whatman Polycap capsule filters can be found in a variety of formats to meet up your filtration needs. Browse the Whatman range from Cytiva’s business to find the appropriate capsule filter for the application.
Capsule filters for serum filtration
Biological filtration, especially serum filtration, is usually difficult because of the high concentration of complex particulates, lipids, triglycerides, and lipoproteins in solution that will clog filters. Single-layer membrane filters clog rapidly without proper prefiltration.
Polycap SPF prefilters are highly ideal for biological filtration, especially serum, buffer, and enzyme filtration, because of the density graded pre-filtration layers they contain. Prefiltration with Whatman Polycap SPF will help extend the life span of the last filter.