UPSSSC (Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission) JE is a prestigious and respected profession for which thousands of applicants apply each year. It is a rewarding career that pays well and includes several perks. The job responsibilities of UPSSSC Junior Engineers differ depending on the engineering field selected.
Likewise, there is a Junior Engineer job position in the UPPCL (Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited). The UPPCL conducts a state-level test held annually to recruit candidates for JE positions in Civil/Electrical engineering. UPPCL JE recruitment offers a highly competitive salary to junior engineers. A JE job description ensures possible career advancement. UPPCL also provides a significant amount of job experience to the candidates.
UPPCL JE Job Profile
A Junior Engineer is in charge of a variety of tasks. It can be confidently stated that the work of a UPPCL JE gives a considerable degree of exposure. Just a year of job experience as a UPPCL JE will broaden your expertise because you will be involved in many aspects of your career. The list of tasks that a UPPCL Junior Electrical Engineer must fulfil is shown below:
- Taking up indoor or outdoor work based on UPPCL criteria.
- Keeping electrical power supply distribution lines in good working order.
- Upkeep of High Voltage Transmission Lines.
- Assigning jobs/tasks to front-line employees.
- Maintenance of electrical equipment & networks must be scheduled regularly.
- Organizing a crew to remedy the flaws.
- Sending the job report to the Assistant Engineer.
After a few years of employment, any UPPCL Junior Engineer can be promoted to UPPCL Assistant Engineer (SDO), based on the candidate’s performance and other requirements. When they progress to the position of SDO, they earn greater perks and a higher salary.
Perks of UPPCL JE Job
Acquiring a job as a UPPCL Junior Engineer is going to come with a lot of perks. Some of them are mentioned below:
- All candidates for the position of Junior Engineer at UPPCL must finish a training program. After effectively having completed the training, candidates will be validated for the job.
- The average in-hand salary is around Rs. 45,000 per month.
- Other added perks include transport allowance, provident fund, medical provisions, loan facilities, gratuity benefits, and insurance.
UPSSSC JE Job Profile
A UPSSSC JE’s job entails everything from taking note of the labourers’ everyday work to creating preparations for the following day’s distribution of work, supervision, and so on. Here are some of the job responsibilities of a Junior Engineer at UPSSSC:
- Supervising work, to get insight into all aspects of the project.
- Thorough planning and estimation of impending key projects, and renovation work on present projects.
- Account administration, including forwarding invoices for work done by contractors and keeping track of supplies & materials.
- Stay updated on all government schemes that will be carried out by the organization and ensure that the department runs smoothly.
- Accountable for assisting and reporting to superiors daily.
After a few years of employment, any UPSSSC JE can be promoted to Section Engineer and then Executive Engineer, based on the candidate’s performance and other requirements. As they progress, they earn greater perks and a higher salary.
Perks of UPSSSC JE Job
Acquiring a job as a UPSSSC Junior Engineer is going to come with a lot of perks. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The average in-hand UPSSSC JE salary is around INR 36,000 per month.
- Other added perks include transport allowance, house rent allowance, medical provisions, dearness allowance, gratuity benefits, and loans.
Both UPPCL JE and UPSSSC JE jobs are highly respectable government jobs, with high pay and perks. To conclude which job positions are better may be quite challenging. However, the comparison is that the JE job at UPPCL comes with a higher salary and a technical job profile. But, although the pay is slightly lower at UPSSSC, the job is clerical and does not require any training.
Stay Connect with our education blog India